Friday, July 27, 2012

Contemplations

Dear Readers,
     Just a few thoughts on change. Everything we own is parceled away into boxes, bags, and bundles. All things familiar are going to grow small, dwindle, and disappear over unknown and emerging horizons. Everyone we have ever known remain behind to remind us where home is.
Lithia Park, Ashland
     From one moment to the next, my emotions oscillate from terror to elation. I wonder what new places there are to discover, what new memories will lace themselves through the narrative of our lives? Every time that terror strikes, it serves only to reinforce my resolve. If I am terrified of change, then I am terrified of life. If I have grown to comfortable, then I have also grown complacent. It is time to turn off auto-pilot. It is time to wander new streets, revel in new tastes, get lost, live life like the adventure it is.

Love,
The Hedgehog

No comments:

Post a Comment