Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Note Home

Dear Readers,

Right now, the smell of roasting green chile is filling the air and a week of cloudy days are ahead, in my home state. In contrast, the berries are ripening, and the sun is unrelenting in the Pacific Northwest. We arrived in one of the few part of the year that this area is not cool and rainy. We have impeccable timing. I miss home. Not to the point of proper homesickness, I just miss a few things: the vibrant sunsets, the food, and most of all my people.
Today, my little sister goes to college. I wish I could be there as she takes this step, to make sure she never goes hungry and never feels alone. I am certain she is going to thrive and blossom, like the flower she is named for. She has people to care for and look out for her. My friends have taken her under their wings and have promised to help her with the things I am too far away to be there for. Have I mentioned I know the most amazing people on the planet? I know she is looked after I just wish I could be in both places at once.
To my, not so little, sister, I love you, and the only things worth doing are always scary. You are brilliance itself, and you are on the verge of life's greatness, enjoy it.

Love love love, 
The Hedgehog

1 comment:

  1. Oh my darling dear, I miss you so and how I wish that you were here! Im in a state of terror and excitement that I wish I could share with you but I know that you believe in me and that alone is enough to propel me along on me journey even though you are thousands of miles away. I love you so much! Love, love, love, your badger.

    ReplyDelete