Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Break

Dear Readers,
 
    We are back home, after a quickly fleeting taste of freedom. School is back in motion, and it looks like it is going to be a wonderful quarter. For spring break, we drove up to Olympia to visit one of my oldest friends from high school and her new husband. We spent a day sight seeing in Seattle and I fell in love with the overcast wonder that is this city. We wandered Pike Place Market and wondered at the Space Needle. At one point while exploring the streets of Pike Place a duo of musicians started to play music from the movie Amelie. I linked arms with my love, strolled amongst the roofs lined with daffodils, sounds of music, laughter, and life wrapped around us, and the smell of cinnamon hung in the air, and for one moment, I felt as though my heart could contain no more joy. My love and my emotions were granted theme music. 
  
     On our trip home, we stopped in Eugene to see our dear friends. We are always so grateful for our time with them. They are the rare people in the world who see life with an infectious sense of wonder. Their eyes are always seeking out the magic in everyday, minds are always teeming with facts and creativity, and life for them is a luscious adventure to be lived to the fullest. I need a regular dose of these wonderful people to remind me that the everyday is an marvel and not just a to do list. I am glad we got it.

Love,
The Hedgehog
 










1 comment:

  1. Yay we were just there! Seattle is a really beautiful city, but it was still really strange to be in such a big place again too.

    ReplyDelete